Pissouri is the third largest village in the district of Limassol and is located just off the A6 motorway, midway between Limassol and Paphos (34 kilometers from each) in the Southwest of Cyprus. Pissouri Village is located about 3 kilometers from the sea on the Cape Aspro ridge, and about 500 feet above sea level (152 meters). The area has 8 hiking trails, crossing through the hills, providing some spectacular views and an amazing geological experience, with fossils of sea life to be found many hundreds of feet above the sea level. Four of the eight trails are open to both hiking🚶and biking 🚴. Bicycles are available for hire and guided cycling tours can be arranged.
Pissouri Tourist Area, Columbia Hotel (Altitude: 0m)
Points of Interest: Troodos and Akrotiri Views, Pissouri Square, Pissouri Beach, Special canyon landscape.
Tips & Resources
2. Do not smoke and keep your food inside your backpacks. Protect the environmental treasure from unexpected fires.
3. Do not make unnecessary noise. Respect the natural world of the birds, the animals and enjoy the natural sounds.
4. Maintain the space clean. Leave your trash in the bins or choose to take them with you.
5. Spend the night in the visitors’ camp sites.
6. The entrance to vehicles within the path is not allowed.
7. Protect the natural beauty by avoiding cutting branches, bushes or unrooting plants and carving trees.
8. The lighting of fires in protected areas is strictly prohibited. Respect what is offered from nature and the camping site. Lighting fires is allowed ONLY in special barbecue sites.
Inform immediately the Forestry Department on +357 22805511 or 1407 (Emergency contact, 24 hour a day) if you see smoke or fire.
The responsible environmental consciousness can improve our planet. Remember nature is accommodates us. It opens its heart into her world. Respect her home, her residents, the flora, and fauna.