The Nature Walk ‘Adonis’ is given generously to the hikers to damire the magnificent view of the overland of Akamas and Poli Chrysochoum the blue beaches and the forested treasure of Pafos. The hiker discovers along the route the gifted flora and fauna of the region. Species that stand out for their uniqueness such as phlomis cypria, Bosea cypria, Pin leafed Thistle (Ptilostemonchamaepeucevar), Onosma fruticosum, Acanthoprasium integrifolium (Ballotaintegrifolia) and Cypriot Marjoram (Origanummajoranavar. tenuifolia). The black snake, the fox, the hare, the porcupine, migratory and endemic birds such as the common wood pigeon, partridge, the Cyprus warbler, Cyprus wheatear, blunt- nosed viper, Stellagama stellio accompany the trekkers. The duration of the Adonis nature trail is 3-4 hours and it end at the starting entrance. It is ranked on a difficulty level 3, as there are irregular and sudden altimeter and ground changes along the route. It is considered unsuitable for children.
Points of interest
From the western part there is a view of various beaches of Akamas, such as Lara Bay, Tzioni, Karavopetres, etc. The path goes past Pyrgos tis Rigainas (Queens Tower). At Kefalovrysia location it links up with Smiges trail. In order to complete its circular path the trail follows the main road connecting the Baths of Aphrodite and Polis, for about 400m.
Tips & Resources
2. Do not smoke and keep your food inside your backpacks. Protect the environmental treasure from unexpected fires.
3. Do not make unnecessary noise. Respect the natural world of the birds, the animals and enjoy the natural sounds.
4. Maintain the space clean. Leave your trash in the bins or choose to take them with you.
5. Spend the night in the visitors’ camp sites.
6. The entrance to vehicles within the path is not allowed.
7. Protect the natural beauty by avoiding cutting branches, bushes or unrooting plants and carving trees.
8. The lighting of fires in protected areas is strictly prohibited. Respect what is offered from nature and the camping site. Lighting fires is allowed ONLY in special barbecue sites.
Inform immediately the Forestry Department on +357 22805511 or 1407 (Emergency contact, 24 hour a day) if you see smoke or fire.
The responsible environmental consciousness can improve our planet. Remember nature is accommodates us. It opens its heart into her world. Respect her home, her residents, the flora and fauna.