The waterfall is fames to takes its name after the combination of the two Cypriot words ”millos”. Meaning wet and the word ”meros”, meaning place. As the narrations says the coolness is exuded from Krio Protamo made the place wet and dewy. Hence millos +meri= Millomeri. The water descends from a height of 15 meters. Millomeri’s popularity has recently increased after different works took places in the region of Pano Platres. Millomeris waterfall similar to Kelidonia waterfall are considered the jewels of Pano Platres. A visit is worth it even for just viewing and a taste of ‘natural banquet’ that will keep you full for a long time.
Between the Church of the Pano Platres Village and the centre of the Village, closer to the Church. At the end of the route there is an access to the Waterfall with your vehicle, through dirt roads that start at a point of the main way Platron – Lemesou, about 1 km after the Tall Tree.Length: 1,2 km – Time: 30 minutes – Degree of difficulty: 3
Points of interest
The path leads to the Myllomeris Waterfall, through rich vegetation. The first part, around half of the route, goes parallel to the Kryo Patamo (Cold River). The second part leads to the open mountain with the wild vegetation. Excellent view to the North.
Tips & Resources
2. Do not smoke and keep your food inside your backpacks. Protect the environmental treasure from unexpected fires.
3. Do not make unnecessary noise. Respect the natural world of the birds, the animals and enjoy the natural sounds.
4. Maintain the space clean. Leave your trash in the bins or choose to take them with you.
5. Spend the night in the visitors’ camp sites.
6. The entrance to vehicles within the path is not allowed.
7. Protect the natural beauty by avoiding cutting branches, bushes or unrooting plants and carving trees.
8. The lighting of fires in protected areas is strictly prohibited. Respect what is offered from nature and the camping site. Lighting fires is allowed ONLY in special barbecue sites.
Inform immediately the Forestry Department on +357 22805511 or 1407 (Emergency contact, 24 hour a day) if you see smoke or fire.
The responsible environmental consciousness can improve our planet. Remember nature is accommodates us. It opens its heart into her world. Respect her home, her residents, the flora, and fauna.