Agioi Anargiroi – Thalassines Spilies (Sea Caves) nature trail is located in Agia Napa of the Cypriot province of Famagusta. Characterised as easy and does not require any precious hiking experience. The route lasts 4 kilometres and is completed in under 2 hours. The start begins from the chapel of Agioi Anargiroi, a central point between Protaras and Akrotiri of Cape Greco. The explorer will discover the terrestrial beauty of the sea caves of Cape Greco as one more hidden secret of Cyprus. Distinguished as a one trail passes along the coastline and meets bridges such as the Koraka one. The hiker has a sea view and ends at the familiar region of the Famagusta province, which provides experiences such as diving and underwater exploration. One more trail which meets with the nature trail of Konnos -Agioi Anargiroi.
Points of interest
A beautiful walk along the coast. The sea caves are accessible only by sea and the area is suitable for diving. The trail goes over the natural bridge “Kamara tou Koraka”. Links with Konnos- Agioi Anargyroi, Sea Caves and Kavos trails.
Tips & Resources
2. Do not smoke and keep your food inside your backpacks. Protect the environmental treasure from unexpected fires.
3. Do not make unnecessary noise. Respect the natural world of the birds, the animals and enjoy the natural sounds.
4. Maintain the space clean. Leave your trash in the bins or choose to take them with you.
5. Spend the night in the visitors’ camp sites.
6. The entrance to vehicles within the path is not allowed.
7. Protect the natural beauty by avoiding cutting branches, bushes or unrooting plants and carving trees.
8. The lighting of fires in protected areas is strictly prohibited. Respect what is offered from nature and the camping site. Lighting fires is allowed ONLY in special barbecue sites.
Inform immediately the Forestry Department on +357 22805511 or 1407 (Emergency contact, 24 hour a day) if you see smoke or fire.
The responsible environmental consciousness can improve our planet. Remember nature is accommodates us. It opens its heart into her world. Respect her home, her residents, the flora and fauna.